*Updated as of Jan. 20, 2022: San Francisco Bay and Dallas-Fort Worth area McDonald’s fans – you're in luck! After planting the seed with a small-scale McPlant™ test in eight restaurants late last year, McDonald’s USA is expanding the test to select restaurants in your area to help us understand customer demand. This delicious burger features a patty made from plant-based ingredients like peas, rice and potatoes that we co-developed with Beyond Meat®. And starting Feb. 14, it will be available at approximately 600 participating locations in these two markets for a limited time, while supplies last. Might we suggest a road trip?
October 14, 2021
McDonald’s® Begins Small McPlant™ Operations Test at Eight U.S. Restaurants
(CHICAGO, Oct. 14, 2021) — Next month, McDonald’s USA is conducting an operations test of the McPlant™, a delicious new plant-based burger, for a limited time in eight select restaurants across the U.S.
Here are five things to know about McPlant before our small-scale test begins:
- We’re always testing new items and flavors, and this particular test will help us understand how offering a burger with a plant-based patty impacts the kitchens in our restaurants. The McPlant was created to give customers more delicious options in addition to the McDonald’s burger line-up you know and love, with fan favorites like the Big Mac® and Quarter Pounder® sandwich still available nationwide.
- The juicy details. The McPlant includes a plant-based* patty co-developed with Beyond Meat® that’s exclusive to McDonald’s and made from plant-based ingredients like peas, rice and potatoes. The patty is served on a sesame seed bun with tomato, lettuce, pickles, onions, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard and a slice of American cheese. It has the iconic taste of a McDonald’s burger, because it is one.
- When and where will it be available in the U.S. Eight McDonald’s restaurants across the U.S. will be testing the McPlant for a limited time starting Nov. 3 while supplies last. Cities with test locations include: Irving and Carrollton, Texas, Cedar Falls, Iowa, Jennings and Lake Charles, Louisiana and El Segundo and Manhattan Beach, California.
- If it sounds familiar…The McPlant has also been introduced in various markets overseas this year, including Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, Austria and most recently the U.K. Just like in the U.S., we often conduct limited-time offers with menu items internationally to help us learn.
- Since we know you’ll ask, you’ll have to stay tuned for future McPlant availability updates coming out of our test...we can’t share that secret sauce just yet.
* In addition to the plant-based patty, the McPlant in the U.S. contains non-plant-based ingredients such as American cheese and mayonnaise. It’s also cooked on the same grill as meat-based products and eggs. As always, guests can customize and request to hold the cheese and mayonnaise, or any other ingredients.
About McDonald’s USA:
McDonald’s USA, LLC, serves a variety of menu options made with quality ingredients to millions of customers every day. Ninety-five percent of McDonald’s approximately 13,500 U.S. restaurants are owned and operated by independent business owners. For more information, visit www.mcdonalds.com, or follow us on Twitter @McDonalds and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mcdonalds.
About Beyond Meat
Beyond Meat, Inc. (NASDAQ: BYND) is one of the fastest growing publicly-traded food companies in the United States, offering a portfolio of revolutionary plant-based proteins made from simple ingredients without GMOs, bioengineered ingredients, hormones, antibiotics or cholesterol. Founded in 2009, Beyond Meat products are designed to have the same taste and texture as animal-based meat while being better for people and the planet. Beyond Meat’s brand commitment, Eat What You Love™, represents a strong belief that there is a better way to feed our future and that the positive choices we all make, no matter how small, can have a great impact on our personal health and the health of our planet. By shifting from animal-based meat to plant-based protein, we can positively impact four growing global issues: human health, climate change, constraints on natural resources and animal welfare. As of June 2021, Beyond Meat had products available at approximately 119,000 retail and foodservice outlets in over 80 countries worldwide. Visit www.BeyondMeat.com and follow @BeyondMeat, #BeyondBurger and #GoBeyond on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.