New International Favorites at McDonald’s Global Headquarters Restaurant from Cyprus, Germany, France, the Netherlands and South Korea
August 14, 2019
New Menu Items Include Halloumi Muffin from Cyprus, the 1955 Burger from Germany, CBO Sandwich from France, Sweet Potato Fries from the Netherlands and Caramel Dipped Cones from South Korea
CHICAGO – August 14, 2019 – McDonald’s global headquarters restaurant in Chicago’s West Loop has updated its international menu to bring new flavors from around the world.
Customers can enjoy new global menu items from Cyprus, Germany, France, the Netherlands and South Korea.
This round of the global menu features:
- Halloumi Muffin from Cyprus, this breakfast sandwich features a slice of grilled Halloumi cheese on a toasted and buttered English muffin, with fresh Roma tomato slices and crisp lettuce, offered with or without bacon.
- The 1955 Burger from Germany, starts with a glazed bun lightly sprinkled with sesame seeds and toasted, topped with seasoned ketchup, grilled onions, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce and a special 1955 sauce to compliment the beef patty.
- CBO (Chicken, Bacon and Onion) from France, a square bun topped with toasted onions and sesame seeds, bacon and pepper flavored cheese, two half strips of bacon, lettuce, crispy fried onion straws and McDonald’s signature CBO sauce.
- The Manhattan Salad from France, a mix of lettuces, baby kale, romaine and spring lettuce blend topped with grape tomatoes, dried cranberries and sliced apples, served with choice of sliced grilled or crispy chicken and a breadstick; offered with Bleu Cheese dressing or your choice of dressings.
- The ‘I’m Greeking Out’ Salad from Canada, a mix of lettuces, topped with sliced cucumbers, red pepper strips, crumbled feta, seasoned couscous, herb and garlic pita chips, and a choice of sliced grilled or crispy chicken; offered with Greek dressing or your choice of dressing.
- Sweet Potato Fries from the Netherlands, add as a side to any of your favorite McDonald’s menu items.
- Caramel Dipped Cones from South Korea, McDonald’s vanilla, chocolate or twist soft serve dipped in caramel shell topping.
In addition to the rotating global menu, the restaurant also serves up classic menu items including the Big Mac, the new fresh beef Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Chicken McNuggets and McDonald’s World Famous Fries. Additionally, the restaurant offers delicious Latin American-style desserts including crunchy sugar cones topped with creamy soft serve available in vanilla, chocolate or twist varieties, as well as other sweet treats from around the world.
The more than 6,000-square-foot restaurant is one of the latest McDonald’s Experience of the Future (EOTF) restaurants designed to dramatically transform the customer experience with modern designs, self-order kiosks, table service, mobile order and payment, McDelivery with Uber Eats and enhanced hospitality. The restaurant also features outdoor seating, and an ever-changing wall map with Golden Arches that illuminate when an item from a specific country is featured on the menu, and An Australian McCafé area serving up expertly brewed coffee crafted by McDonald’s trained baristas.
Located at 1035 W. Randolph St. the restaurant is open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
McDonald’s is the world’s leading global foodservice retailer with over 37,000 locations in over 120 markets. Over 90 percent of McDonald’s restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent local business men and women.