McDonald’s USA Introduces New value Menu, Give Customers More Flexibility
January 04, 2016
Today, McDonald’s is introducing a new value menu promotion that allows customers the choice of mixing and matching value menu items to make a personalized combination meal. Named McPick 2 for $2, this menu gives customers the option to mix and match two value items for $2.
The McPick 2 for $2 Menu will be available from Jan. 4 through Feb. 8 and includes the choice of the McDouble, McChicken, Small Fry or new Mozzarella Sticks. For example, customers can choose a McDouble with a small fry for $2 or a McChicken with an order of Mozzarella Sticks, also for $2.
“A learning from offering All Day Breakfast is that when we listen to our customers, they reward us,” said Deborah Wahl, chief marketing officer, McDonald’s USA. “Not everyone wants the same thing, so we are offering a new way to help our customers have a more personalized experience. Offering both great tasting food and value is another example of how we are changing and building a better McDonald's.”
Today’s announcement builds on a number of notable changes McDonald’s USA made throughout 2015, including:
- Bringing customers their number one request – All Day Breakfast
- Refreshing some customer favorites like the new Egg McMuffin now served on a warm, toasted English muffin with real butter and prepared with a freshly cracked grade-A egg plus extra lean Canadian bacon and a slice of melted American cheese
- Bringing back Cuties, California-grown clementines, as a seasonal fresh fruit choice in Happy Meals
- Moving from liquid margarine to real butter on English muffins, biscuits and bagels on the breakfast menu
- Offering Yoplait Go-GURT low fat strawberry yogurt with 25% less sugar than the leading kids’ yogurt*
- Adding kale and spinach to our salads
- Using real buttermilk in our Buttermilk Crispy Chicken
- Committing to source chicken raised without antibiotics important to human medicine** in the U.S. by 2017***
- Transitioning to cage-free eggs over the next 10 years in the U.S. and Canada
Assets provided below related to the McDonald’s McPick 2 for $2 Menu.
* GoGurt® at McDonald’s has 6g of sugar per 2.25 oz. The leading kids’ yogurt has 9g of sugar per 2.25 oz.
** Antibiotics important to human medicine is a WHO classification.
*** Farmers will still use a class of antibiotics called Ionophores to keep chickens healthy