Our Growth Pillars
As the consumer landscape shifts, we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand.
Our growth pillars build on our strong foundations to ensure we can meet the moment today and have long-term success.
Maximize Our Marketing
Consumers continue to prioritize brand trust, great taste and value as top reasons why they choose McDonald’s. As customers’ expectations are constantly shifting, we can build equity in our brand and trust by clearly articulating what we stand to do in the world: feed and foster communities.
Through our actions and communications, we will deliver on our purpose and mission and ignite our brand as a growth driver by taking a global, unified approach to building trust; creating a stronger connection to our customers to drive advocacy and continuing to offer great value and everyday affordability available to everyone.
Commit to the Core
Our customers love our iconic food and our core customer favorites are about 70% of our sales. With expected growth in lunch and dinner occasions, we will focus on our two largest categories, beef and chicken. We will leverage our familiar favorites and create new ones to make our menu even more craveable. At the same time, we will use coffee to boost morning visits and build a foundation for future growth.
- We want to offer our customers the tastiest burgers in the QSR industry by making them hotter and juicier.
- We will offer our customers great-tasting chicken through McNuggets and McChicken, by expanding our spicy chicken sandwich options and developing a satiating large chicken sandwich.
- We will build McCafé brand awareness and deliver a consistently great coffee experience.
Double Down on the Four D’s
Consumers are increasingly choosing off-premise dining and we are adapting the McDonald's experience to meet their needs by doubling down on Digital, Delivery, Drive-Thru and Restaurant Development. Our vision is to position McDonald’s as the leading omni-channel restaurant in all our markets. We will make our customers’ experiences faster and easier through all of the ways they order and receive our delicious food.
- We are building on our digital foundation by enhancing our digital platform provide more personal, more convenient and better experiences for our customers. We’ll introduce MyMcDonald’s, a unified suite of compelling offerings that provide our customers multiple, complementary reasons to engage with us digitally, whether through mobile ordering, payments, delivery, rewards or deals.
- We aim to be the global leader in food delivery. We have a strong starting point and momentum in delivery and are prioritizing key actions to continue growth, including integrating delivery into our Global Mobile App.
- We will define the future of drive thru, an area where we already have a significant advantage as nearly 65% of our global restaurants have a drive thru. We plan to extend this leadership by continuing to make the customer experience even faster, testing new concepts and technology and having nearly all of new U.S. and IOM restaurants fully drive-thru enabled.
- Through a focus on restaurant development, we will accelerate the pace of our restaurant openings to fully capture the increased demand we have driven over the past few years. We see opportunity for further growth in many of our major markets and to explore new formats that show up under brand McDonald’s.